Monday 29 July 2013

Lush: Dorothy Bubble Bar Review! | Believe In Beauty

Hey!:)

So it's Monday, and you know what that means? A Lush product review! I'm really getting into writing these, and thinking about reviewing a product on Thursday too? I'm always gonna review one on Monday, but Thursday could be a bonus day? When I sort out my Blog post schedule, later on today, I'll think about it! ;) You can purchase Dorothy HERE on the LUSH website, if you want to, of course.  

This is Dorothy. I've got two pictures showing Dorothy, the top one is a picture I took just before I used it, and the bottom picture is a picture from when I first brought it. Why on earth has it faded?! It has never been near any light or anything...how strange. This is slightly annoying, as it definitely affected the colour the water turned. *Note to self: Use it as soon as you buy it*. 

Anyway, Dorothy is a really, lovely Bubble Bar, which is a good size for the price, it's only £2.99, and the Bubble Bar is quite big! The scent of Dorothy is really lovely. I don't know how to describe it, other than it is a really soft-sweet scent, which made the Bathroom smell lovely for a while. It's main ingredient is 'Ylang Ylang' oil, which could describe the fresh scent to it. Seeing as it's not a very strong scent (good for people who suffer with headaches!), it doesn't linger on the skin for too long, not pleasing to me though. 

Dorothy also gave me lots of lovely Baths. I managed to crumble Dorothy, under the running water for 7 Baths...isn't that a good number for the cheap price? I think so! 
For the number of Baths you got out of it, the number of Bubbles, was also pretty impressive. The Rainbow part of Dorothy produced Red Bubbles (which slowly got lighter as it went through the Orange and Yellow) and the Bubbles were soft and it felt like the Water had a creamy texture, which I think made the skin slightly more softer. 

I'd heard loads of reviews that people had got bright Blue Water, and when crumbling the base of Dorothy into the Bath, no colour really came. It was such a pale Blue, it was just basically the colour of the Water. It didn't even affect how much of the Bubble Bar you put in. I was really looking forward to my bright Blue bath, and because of the base fading, this never came! Therefore, it was quite frankly, not worth taking a picture of. 

Apart from the disappointment of no Blue water, I did very much enjoy this Bubble Bar. Next time I go to buy it (very soon, probably!), I'm definitely going to use it quickly, I don't want it to fade again. Which shouldn't really happen though should it? Annoying. 

Thanks for reading, and I hope you are enjoying Lush review Monday's! 

Byee!:) 







2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura I just quickly wanted to say that I know how you love nail polish and wanted to tell you about an amazing deal in pound land in pound land they are selling OPI nail polishes i got all the colours and they are the genuine ones i just wanted to tell you about this deal because they will sell out quickly

    Bye xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Wow, that's cool, thanks for telling me :) xxxx

      Delete