Sunday 3 August 2014

Summer Staples! | Believe In Beauty

Hey!:)

Today I am going to be talking to you about my top Summer staples for Summer 2014, so if you want to know what you need to have a great Summer, keep reading!
To start with, smelling nice this Summer is an absolute must have! I have picked out my favourite, girly, Summery scent and this is the 'Mist You Madly' from Soap and Glory. I love Soap and Glory and this is no exception. It smells so sweet and floral and has great staying power, in my opinion! 
Next is Hair! Everyone seems to hate their Hair in the Summer, as it gets greasy more often and it's hard to style with all the humidity and if you have long Hair like me, you will definitely hate it laying on your Neck. I have come up with a solution though! First of all, to get rid of that grease and to make sure you're not washing your Hair every day, buy a bottle of Batiste Dry Shampoo, it's really good (not to keen on the scent) but it also comes in travel size, so great if you're going away this Summer. After you've freshened it up, just sling it up in a Bun (boring I know) but buy a Floral Crown (I got mine from New Look) and just tie it round (like I did in THIS post). Easy peasy!  
Ahh, bright Nail colours! I know some people find bright Nails a bit daring, I say just go for it! Who cares what other people think, if you like it?! I have chosen these two from the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine collection. The Pink one is '317 Grapefruit' and the Mint Green one is '317 Greenberry'. They shine so well, so look even better when the Sun hits them. They have great chipping quality and are very cheap too! GO FOR BRIGHT NAILS THIS SUMMER! 
No one wants to wear Make-Up in the Summer, as it normally just ends up slipping off and down your face by the end of the day. However, these are the 3 products I recommend the most. If you don't want to wear Foundation, just use a little bit of concealer as it's minimal make up. I think the best one for this summer is Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, it's very light! Then, to stop your concealer moving, but to also keep your face shine-free and matte, use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (review HERE), which will also disguise the fact that you are sweaty and sticky...yay! Finally, to brighten up your Face and give you a Summer glow, apply a bit of the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in 'Lust' to your Cheeks, a bit more of an expensive option, but totally worth it! You can find this one at Outlet Markets/Villages, as that's where I purchased this one from, featured in THIS post.   
To match your bright Nail Varnish, go for a pair of Bright Earrings. I picked these Bright Pink Flower Earrings up from River Island for just £2! Bargain! They will help to brighten up your Face and they just scream SUMMER to me! I loves them! 
With the heat in the Summer months, looking after your Skin is key! Here are some of my best choices. If you don't mind wasting a bit of time to moisturise your Body go for the Soap and Glory 'Butter Yourself' Moisturiser, this smells lovely and moisturises really well, but just takes a bit longer. If you want to moisturise your body, but also get rid of dry heels and get your feet looking good for Flip Flops, use this 2-1 Body Butter product from The Body Shop. If you want to do your moisturisation quickly, use this spray-on moisturiser from Soap and Glory called 'Spray On Body Moisturising Mist', it dries quicker and smells amazing whilst being super moisturising! Finally, we can't forget exfoliation, my recommendation for this is Soap and Glory 'Scrub of your life', it's not too harsh on your Skin, but removes all the dead/dry Skin well! It smells great and the exfoliation particles are really lovely. Also, if you are fake tanning, all these products will be great for prepping your Skin!
Next, I have a pair of Flip Flops, which everyone needs in their Wardrobe for Summer. This Mint Green Pair is from Dorothy Perkins and I dedicated a whole Post to them HERE. They are beautiful, comfy and only £10. (You can buy them HERE). 
Another bright product is a 'Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon' in '04 Peach On The Beach', this is very bright and looks great on your Lips for this Summer. It has great staying power and is also super moisturising! It's priced at £7.99, which is a little more expensive than say the Maybelline Baby Lips, but totally worth it! I have reviewed the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons HERE and talked about this particular one HERE and HERE
Whilst on the subject of Lip Products, having an SPF Lip Balm is more important, than a bright one. It's really painful to get burnt Lips (trust me!) and this one will help to prevent that as it's SPF 30, which is quite high! Although, it gives you white Lips, it still smells quite nice and is moisturising. This from 'Nivea' and I so recommend buying this more than any of the other products, previously mentioned because protecting your Lips from the Sun is so important!
Finally, a Sun Cream! I don't need to tell you how important it is to wear Sun Cream, but it really is! Protecting your Skin from the Sun is probably the only thing you should be worrying about this Summer. This 'Hawaiian Tropic' Sun Cream, is really lovely and great if you have Sensitive Skin, like me! Please buy a Sun cream this Summer with a high SPF!!!!

Thanks for reading this (quite long) Post, I really hope you enjoyed this Post and found it somewhat useful and fun to read!

Byee!:)

You can follow me HERE on Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment