Wednesday 20 February 2013

Hair Tips! | Believe In Beauty

Hello:)

Today's post is just going to be a quick one and it's going to be some Hair Tips! These are Hair Tips that I think genuinely work to keep your hair in good condition! :)

1. Don't wash your hair everyday! It will make your hair become very dry and strips the oils out of your hair at the ends. It also could actually make your hair more greasy if you were to wash it everyday. 

2. Have a hair cut regularly. It's good to have a haircut between 6-8 weeks. It's better to have regular hair cuts because it cuts all the dead/split ends off and keeps it in a better condition. 

3. Only Condition the ends. I find that if you put conditioner at the top of you head, it can make the top of your hair very greasy! Shampoo is much more suitable for the top of your head! :)

4. Don't put heat on your hair. Straighteners, hairdryers, curling wands e.t.c, can damage your hair really badly! It's better not to use them but if you can't possibly live without them, you should only use them up to 3 times a week. However, when using Straighteners, hairdryers  curling wands e.t.c, you should use a Heat Protector spray. They work quite well and prevent damage to your hair when your using heat on it! 

5. Use a wide tooth comb to comb your hair through when it's wet. When your hair is wet it is very breakable. Using a wide tooth comb lowers the risk of breaking your hair whilst brushing it through when it's wet. 

6. Don't back comb your hair! I hate back combing my hair because it's so bad for it! Back combing breaks your hair very badly and puts it in a dry/bad condition! I never back comb my hair because of this. I find other ways to get it voluminous without damaging it! :) 

7. Use Cold Water or Eggs for a good shine. Giving your hair a final rinse with cold water when all the Shampoo and Conditioner is out should make it that extra bit shinier! I do this a lot and personally, I think it works quite well. I know putting Eggs on your hair sounds a bit dodgy and disgusting, but loads of people say it works! I haven't tried it though, I'm too scared! Haha!;)

8. Let it dry naturally. When your hair is wet it's better to let it dry naturally because it can avoid split ends and heat damage from the Hair Dryer. 

9. Use Hair masks/leave in Conditioners once a week. Using Hair masks/leave in Conditioners once a week keeps your hair strong and less breakable. It also helps to make it look nicer and keeps it in a very good condition! 

10. Try to avoid Hair Dyes. Hair Dyes can make your hair very dry and using bleach basically kills it. It's best to try and avoid dyes and bleaches if possible!

Thanks for reading my Hair Tips! If you've got any that I haven't mentioned, pop them in the comments and I'll be very interested to read them. Or tell me if you disagree with any of mine! 

Byeee :) 

P.S- Seeing as the rest of February and the whole of March I will be at School, I've tried to be more organised with my blog (unlike in January!) and I'm going to have 2 posts a week. One on Wednesday and one Sunday, so here's Wednesday! Also at the end of each Blog Post I will give you a little sneak peak into what post's coming next! Hopefully the Blogging will pick up again in April when I have 2 weeks of School...yipee! 

Sneak Peak for next Post: Done a bit of Shopping...but where?! 

1 comment: