Wednesday 13 March 2013

Clean and Clear: Dual Action Moisturiser Review! | Believe In Beauty

Hey!:)

Hope you are all having a good March so far!:) 

Today's post is going to be a review on the Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturiser. After it being raved about I thought I must buy it, but now I'm kind of regretting it. I have very mixed opinions on this! Here is the Link on the Boots website if you're interested! As you can see it is only £3.59 which is one really good thing about it...it's super cheap and affordable for a very big bottle that will last you a long time! But is it really worth buying it even though it's cheap?!


It claims that the product is 'oil-free' and I do agree with this. It's not one of them moisturisers that make your face feel all greasy and make you want to take it straight off seconds after applying. It sinks into the skin really well making it feel very smooth and moisturised and doesn't leave any grease. I really really like how well it sinks into the skin, probably one of the best ones I've tried for 'sinking into the skin'. In my opinion, that's the best thing about it! 



It says that it 'helps prevents spots and blemishes'. I don't agree with this. One of my most hated things about this product is that I actually think I've got more spots from using it. I put it on one day and over the next couple of days I notice more and more spots on my face, which of course then leave blemishes! I always moisturise my blemishes using this and they don't go! They don't even seem to improve or lighten the redness. It's so annoying when the product is based around preventing spots and blemishes. 


As you can see from the picture above, it is a really nice formula. The texture of the moisturiser is really nice. So that's another good thing about it. 

I think the moisturiser does prevent dry skin. I only use moisturisers because I get very dry skin and this works wonders. I don't have to keep applying it because it didn't get rid of the dry skin the first time, it actually keeps the dry skin away for a number of days which means you won't use it up quickly, so in the long term, it saves you a bit of money! ;) 

However, another bad thing about it is that it stings my face like mad! That's probably the main reason I don't use it often. I have very sensitive skin and applying this is not good for it. My face feels like it's on fire which is super painful! So this product is not good if you have sensitive skin like me! 

It also has a very distinctive smell about it. I can't quite decide what it smells like. This may sound strange, but to me it kind of smells a bit like coffee...weird? 

To sum it up...

I like...

  • How it sinks into your skin.
  • Gets rid of dry skin really well. 
  • The price.
  • Nice formula and not oily! 

I don't like...

  • It doesn't prevent spots and blemishes.
  • Stings my face.
  • Smells weird.

Overall I think I like and dislike it 50/50. I don't think I will be purchasing it again anytime soon though, I have better moisturisers that are suitable for my sensitive skin! 

What are your opinions on this? Does it dry out your skin? Make your skin smooth? Or even make your skin sting? Let me know in the comments! :) 

Byee!:) 

Sneak Peak for Sunday's post: Close up of my bedroom?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment