Friday 9 August 2013

Collection: Lasting Perfection Concealer Review! | Believe In Beauty

Hey!:)

So today's post is a quick review on the most raved about concealer in the whole beauty community! I had seen this everywhere, on blogs, in YouTube videos, and pretty much everyone loved it. I thought for the cheap price tag of £4.19 (I think?!), it was worth a try. Let me tell you now, I was not very impressed. 
First of all, I made a bad mistake of getting a colour that was too orange for me. Buying this back in February, I was quite pale and trying to wear this was impossible. It just made me look orange, and was really noticeable on my face. I wasn't going to go out and buy it again in a paler colour, as I hadn't tested it properly, and had not got a proper opinion of it just yet, so I thought I would try making it work, with a bit of powder to make it paler. I didn't really see much of a difference. 

So as we are here in Summer now, I am a teeny, tiny, bit more tanned, it didn't make much of a difference though. I just can't get rid of the 'orangey' tone in the concealer. I try and try to blend it in, and I just end up rubbing it off, therefore it doesn't cover any blemishes. 

I also notice that it comes on my skin really cakey. It makes my skin look bumpy, and doesn't cover over my pores, so makes them stand out really noticeably and looks stupid. I think if I had the right skin tone, (but unfortunately I don't think I will fit any shades, seeing as there is only 4 to pick from), I think I could make it work, as it is a really thick consistency, so is good for covering up things. Well, that is unless you try to blend it too much as it is so orange, so eventually disappears, like what happens to me!  

I would definitely say it is not an 16 hour wear. I put it on for School and it will have rubbed off by the time I get home, even when powdering down. I also think the concealer could give a higher coverage, then maybe it would last longer? It's also annoying how the bottle gets really messy, and all the writing rubs off. It looks old and not good for blog photos, so I do apologise. 

So I really can't understand the blogger hype about this. I definitely wouldn't buy it again, and I don't plan to. I wish I could make it work, but I can't. Maybe you have some tips for me to make it work? Or comment down below an alternative concealer, it would be much appreciated! I'm so sad that I don't like this, I really wish I did. Sad times!  

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed, even though it was a very negative post, haha. 

Byee!:) 









No comments:

Post a Comment