Tuesday 6 August 2013

Nail Design: Grey Shimmer! | Believe In Beauty

Hey!:)

So today's post is another Nail Design. I'm sorry it's been so long, since my last one, I just never got round to doing it, but I do love this series, and hope to keep it going.

I think sometimes, we forget about the most simplest nail designs, that we can do. I know sometimes it's great to go crazy and do lots of cool designs, but it's the simple designs that can look most effective. Seeing as I'm not good at doing Nail Art, I do the simple things, and that is what I show you in this series. 
First I painted 2 coats of some of my favourite Nail Varnishes. I chose colours from Pastels, to darks, to brights, and to fluorescents, just so you could see it works on all different colours. From left to right, we have Barry M just a dark Pink - (no name, came in a set), Collection 33 Button Moon, Nails Inc. Little Miss Naughty, Essie Chubby Cheeks, Barry M 307 Lemon, Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine, 317 Greenberry, Barry M 304 Mint Green and Models Own Bubblegum. As you can see this is a good range of colours. Below is a picture of the colours in their bottles, in the same order. 
 So grab your favourite Nail Varnish colour, and paint your nails and then follow the next step :)
Okay, so by using the above colour, which is the Maybelline 830 Silver Speed, I painted one coat of it on top of my original colours. It gave a really pretty finish. It gave a grey shimmery/glittery finish, but also looked quite metallic and silvery. It's so simple, and takes a short amount of time, to complete this really effective look. This is the finished result (down below), how pretty is it though?! I really want you all to try it, just get a grey glitter colour, and paint it over whatever colour you like, to create this beautiful look. 
Now I am going to show you some close ups of the colours, and I will put an above picture of the Nail Varnishes in their bottles, to show you which colour goes with which (in order). I think you would agree, the finished look is very pretty. 
From left to right we have the Barry M Dark Pink colour (with no name), Collection 33 Button Moon, Nails Inc. Little Miss Naughty and Essie Chubby Cheeks. 
From left to right we have, Barry M 307 Lemon, Barry M Gelly Hi Shine 317 Greenberry, Barry M 304 Mint Green, and Models Own Bubblegum. 

So I really hope you like this very simple look. Just choose your favourite Nail Varnish, (doesn't have to be a specific type, as I have shown you from my examples), and paint a silvery/glittery colour over the top, and it will give you an effective finish. Try it and maybe you could post a picture on your blog, and link your post in the comments, I would so love to see them! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Byee!:) 







No comments:

Post a Comment